UCLA offers a wide variety of educational events for the community, health professionals, faculty, students and trainees in the field of health and aging. There's an event for you...
- 11th Annual Leadership & Management in Geriatrics
- Mar 08, 2013 - Mar 09, 2013
- Hilton Executive Meeting Center-Long Beach - Long Beach
The UCLA Academic Geriatric Resource Center created the Leadership and Management in Geriatrics (LMG) in 2002 to address this gap in the professional development of physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, and allied health professionals who work in clinical and academic settings related to geriatric care. LMG affords participants the opportunity to spend time in an intensive and highly interactive setting with leaders in the field of geriatric medical management. Participants are encouraged to think "outside of the box" and consider novel approaches to creating and managing geriatric clinics, practices, and services.
A unique feature of the conference is the opportunity for participants to work in small collaborative groups with a faculty mentor to develop and implement an action plan for a worksite-specific quality improvement management/leadership challenge. Participants receive detailed instructions for a pre-course assignment in which they identify the worksite-specific management/leadership issue they wish to address. This assignment is the opening exercise of the conference and is an integral element of the conference process. Participants also have the opportunity to be coached during the course and to work with a mentor post-conference to implement their action plans. Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Education (CE) units are available for all who attend the course. Additional units are granted to those who complete their post-course assignment.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify unique characteristics of geriatric health care services
- Describe and apply key elements of business/organizational theory to medical practice
- Apply geriatric leadership and management skills to medical practice
- Describe at least three models for geriatric practice
- Apply collaborative problem solving skills
- Apply mentor/mentee skills
- Create and implement an action plan to address a worksite management/leadership issue
For more information, simply visit our website here.
EventList powered by schlu.net