Once you have been accepted to the program
Please familiarize yourself with the following links prior to your arrival at the program site where you will be participating. The MSTAR checklist provides a list of items you should have completed by May 1st in order to receive your stipend upon arrival at your program site.
- Sample 8-week Research Timeline
- How to Select a Mentor (UCLA site only): Please do not contact potential mentors until we provide you with their contact info.
- Housing Guide for UCLA
- MSTAR Checklist
Once the program is underway
The following links provide important information that will become relevant as the program progresses. Please refer to these pages as necessary throughout the summer.
- Expectations of Students
- Lectures and Conferences
- Clinical Experiences
- Oral Presentations
- Research Abstracts
- Statistical Resources
Once you have completed the program
- Submit original receipts for reimbursement
- Submit research abstract
- Complete overall program survey
Additional resources for experiences in Geriatrics and research training
- Rewards of a Career in Geriatrics
- American Medical Student Association Geriatrics Specialty Forum
- Portal to Geriatric Online Education
Research Training for Medical Students